An automation tool for helping people migrate from Joplin to Obsidian

1 Like

Oh thanks! I will try this out this evening. Manually transferring Joplin notes to Obsidian has been a hassle.

1 Like

You’re welcome , hope this little tool helps you :grinning:

You saved me tons of time, thank you so much for your work.

1 Like

Help me

my operating system ubuntu Linux. 20.04

when doing build

make

build version: v0.2.1-3-ga53ee6b

env CGO_ENABLED=0 GOOS=darwin GOARCH=amd64 go build -ldflags "-X main.Version=v0.2.1-3-ga53ee6b" -o dist/joplin2obsidian_darwin_amd64
env CGO_ENABLED=0 GOOS=darwin GOARCH=arm64 go build -ldflags "-X main.Version=v0.2.1-3-ga53ee6b" -o dist/joplin2obsidian_darwin_arm64
# net.bangnimang/joplin2obsidian
/usr/lib/go-1.13/pkg/tool/linux_amd64/link: running gcc failed: exit status 1
/usr/bin/ld: unknown parameter  «-pagezero_size»
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [makefile:7: core] Ошибка 2
1 Like

Very happy to see it helps you

Hi sergicus, It seems your go version is too old to compile joplin2obsidian. Please refer Error when compiling · Issue #2 · luxi78/joplin2obsidian · GitHub to fix it.

1 Like

thanks

I am faced with the problem of choosing export options from Joplin

export to markdown using the front matter option in joplin

Advantages

Copies tags (in joplin v2.5.4 added Add Markdown + Front Matter exporter / importer).

It looks something like this (as if it was officially done so that the data could be transferred to obsidian)

title: ‘name stat’
updated: 2021-10-31 14:37: 12Z
created: 2021-10-31 14: 35: 08Z
source:> -
https://zen.yandex.ru/
tags:

• tag1
  • tag2
  • tag3

and all this is accepted by obsidian, and the tags are visible.

When saving, the links look like (the name from the original has changed)

and

Disadvantages of this method

When exporting a note to markdown, everything after 51 characters is cut off in the title of the note

When I exported to markdown, I noticed that if the length of the article name is more than 51 characters, then everything that is longer than this is cut off and not saved. The same happens with links to images, everything is cut off beyond 51 characters in the file name. And all this leads to distortion of links.

Here is an example of a link that looks like

! [index_files / f6cabbe2-0b1f-436d-917c-a2895636b562.jpg] (…/_ resources / index_files_f6cabbe2-0b1f-436d-917c-a2895636b562.j)

It can be seen that the expansion has been cut off.

The correct name of the image, which must be inserted for the image to be visible, is index_files_f6cabbe2-0b1f-436d-917c-a2895636b562.j
but the extension is truncated and therefore the image will not be shown. Even if you do so
! [[index_files_90eb5ed6-00f7-4b2d-a43e-6d46e23cd1df.j]]
it will not be displayed

It turns out you have to rename all the notes so that their length is no more than 51 characters.

Using joplin2obsidian

Advantages

Long file names are converted, no need to rename notes

markdow image links look like this

[OUR NAME] (: / 6a84e9c3912d48f9b4ac02198e3e2f71)

That is, there are no problems - you can add double brackets with a regular expression and remove everything in parentheses

Disadvantages of this method

This is the problem with links from the web clipper, they persist like this

as you can see, the file name does not have an extension, and therefore it is impossible to remove the unnecessary with a simple regular expression and put the link to the image in square brackets.
This is a big disadvantage.

For now, I’m still thinking about which option to switch.

If anyone has any advice, I will be very grateful for them.

2 Likes