Alpha Testers Wanted: Experience the Power of Cloud Atlas with Our Obsidian Plugin

Cloud Atlas: A Context-Aware Second Brain

Cloud Atlas is a second brain within your Obsidian Vault. Imagine a system that learns from your notes and performs tasks without you having to copy and paste from multiple notes, over and over. Cloud Atlas helps us prepare for our day, summarizes transcripts and recognizes weekly wins.

Example Flows

• Summarize Call: After a meeting, paste the transcript into your note. Cloud Atlas will analyze it, highlighting key decisions, action items, and deadlines. This saves hours weekly you’d otherwise spend manually summarizing and organizing post-meeting notes.

• Daily Review: Cloud Atlas reviews your agenda and tasks, suggesting the best approach to tackle your day based on your strengths and priorities.

• Weekly Review: At the end of the week, Cloud Atlas synthesizes your daily notes, providing insights into your progress, identifying areas of improvement, and helping you plan for the upcoming week.

Key Features

• Contextual Intelligence: Cloud Atlas understands and utilizes the information in your Obsidian vault to provide insights and assistance that are relevant to your current focus.

• Customization and Adaptability: Tailor Cloud Atlas to your unique workflow. It learns and evolves with you, becoming more intuitive and effective over time.

• Obsidian Integration: Our plugin seamlessly integrates with your Obsidian setup, automating tasks and enhancing note processing to help you stay on top of your schedule and priorities.

You can help us build a better assistant

• Influence Development: Help us refine and enhance Cloud Atlas to meet the needs of productivity enthusiasts like you.

• Exclusive Early Access: Be among the first to experience how Cloud Atlas can redefine your productivity. As we’re building it, we’re limiting availability to a few dozen people. We’re looking for another ~10 now

• Ideal Profile: We’re looking for active Obsidian users. You use daily notes, weekly notes and link them to each other and to other notes you reference.

Limited Slots Available

We’re offering limited spots for dedicated alpha testers who are eager to push the boundaries of productivity. If you’re ready to try task automation and information synthesis using Cloud Atlas, send me a PM.

Origin story

Cloud Atlas started as a bunch of scheduled scripts to improve productivity using ChatGPT with tools like Zapier and Pipedream for task and calendar management. To avoid repetitive copy and paste, we created an Obsidian plugin to automate gathering context from notes in our vaults. Gradually, we expanded its capabilities by embedding and indexing context we’d sent in previous interactions, enriching prompts with third-party data (like weather), and integrating multiple models alongside GPT-4.

As we used and built out Cloud Atlas, it evolved from a simple automation tool into a personal assistant. We stopped using other LLM-based chatbots because they needed so much spoon feeding. It has now grown into a second brain that intuitively interacts with our notes and tools.

There are two ways of using plugin, directly from your notes, or using the Canvas builder. Check check out the Canvas flow builder in the linked video.

Notes demo coming soon…

1 Like

As promised full demo video, showcases most of the plugin functionality, context control, wikification, canvas integration, and more.

1 Like

Use case: Planning Not Plans

As I mentioned in the OP, Cloud Atlas started as a mess of scripts across multiple tools. I’d pulled them together to help me apply a productivity framework that I call Planning Not Plans: Rolling Priorities (aka PoP, from planning over plans).

The tl;dr is that every week I should do the most important thing I can to move each of my priorities, and to apply my strengths. I used to do this manually, reflecting on my priorities vs. tasks + calendar and try to match them through a journaling exercise in the morning and evening.

Now that I have Cloud Atlas, here are some of the flows I use to implement PoP:

• Every morning, I get ready for my day using the daily prep flow.
  • At the end of the day, I use the daily progress review to help me reflect on my progress. This works well when I have lots of day notes about my progress, meetings, issues.
  • At the end of every week, I use the weekly review to reflect on my progress.

I don’t just run the flows, I run them, read what Cloud Atlas says, and edit it heavily, then read it one more time to let it sink in. Especially on days with 10+ meetings (yes really) and a bunch of work, it makes a huge difference to how burned out I get by midday, because I have a sense for how each meeting can help, what the few tasks I have to do today are (and why).

Daily prep example

An example of the input from this weekend:

# 2023-12-10

📆 [[2023-12-09]] - [[2023-12-11]] | [[2023-W49]] | [[2023-12]]

## Day notes

- I helped [[Winter]] make a white loaf in the Zojurishi breadmaker. Turned out great, she seemed proud of it.
- I unpacked the new camping gear from REI (cookware, collapsible table) and Zpacks (Merino sleeping bag liner, foam seat pad) and organized my camping gear, moving it to one side of the basement bedroom closet.
- I did a 30 minute stretch on The Ready State app
  - Casting to the AppleTV just didn't work. Did work to the LG WebOS directly.
  - Did the Four Horsemen, 30 minutes focused on lower back. Wow! Feeling much better.
- Followed up on further changes [[Drazen Urch]] made to [[Cloud Atlas]]

and what Cloud Atlas generated (after edits):

## Day Analysis

### Event / Task / Priorities check

1. Spending time with Winter making bread aligns with your personal goal of being a present family member and nurturing relationships, which complements your strength of calm intensity.
2. Organizing new camping gear speaks to personal growth by investing in hobbies that likely offer stress release and enjoyment, aligning with combating SAD and burnout.
3. The exercise routine with The Ready State app is an example of prioritizing your health and well-being, directly supporting your goal to avoid burnout and combat SAD.

If you’re wondering how Cloud Atlas knew about my priorities, that’s because under the CloudAtlas/daily_prep.flowdata I had added:

---
resolveBacklinks: false
resolveForwardLinks: true
exclusionPatterns: [^Templates/*, ^Journal/]
title: daily prep.flowdata
---
My name is Muness.

My current priorities are [[2023-10 Rolling Priorities]].

[[2023-10 Rolling Priorities]] has my most recent brag sheet, strengths and priorities.

Daily progress review example

Here’s an example from a weekday (with work stuff, so it’s heavily snipped):

## Progress Review

Today's activities and meetings show a well-balanced effort towards progressing on strategic goals and addressing key responsibilities, both at the individual and team levels.

#### Narrative

- **Effective Communication and Planning**:
  - **Leadership Development**:
    - Setting up progressive communication and expectation frameworks with [[Daphne]] promotes leadership growth and supports team development.
    - Preparing for 1:1s with [redacted] peers in January signifies proactive planning and relationship building within leadership.

- **Stakeholder Management**:
  - Clear and strategic communication regarding feedback for [report] reflects a nurturing approach to growth and collaboration.

- **Operational Excellence**:
  - Discussing requests and the business value of business outcomes with [other report] demonstrates dedication to making operations more efficient and outcome-oriented.
  - Seeking performance review feedback is a tactic to ensure continuous improvement and align personal growth with [redacted] objectives.

#### Suggested additions to the brag sheet

#### Suggested tasks

Weekly review example (sorta!)

Alas, this was even harder to share. Instead, I’ll share the general idea: Cloud Atlas read through all my daily notes (because my weekly note links to each day), and read the progress from each day, synthesizing tasks, a narrative (which I use to share progress with my manager and coach), suggested additions to my brag sheet, tasks for the week and general reflections on how I applied my principles and strengths.

Setup

Flows

I add all of these to my vault, under CloudAtlas/

I also added daily prep.flowdata.md, daily progress review.flowdata.md, weekly review.flowdata.md with extra context CloudAtlas needed to make these flows relevant to me but that didn’t really fit into the daily / weekly notes.

Setting up these flows

• I use a daily journal entry: e.g. Journal/2023-12-11
    • Every morning, I add my calendar entries (using my other plugin, ICS), my scheduled tasks (using the Amazing marvin plugin).
    • The template I use links to the current week.
  • I use a weekly journal:
    • The weekly journal entry links to each of the days.
    • I add other, week specific planning/priorities/top of mind thoughts.

Templater templates

A simpler use case this time, but oh so useful: wikify! When I copy / paste or use a plugin to pull in data from my calendars, todo apps, or whatever, I usually go an change proper nouns to wiki links. I often also have to add last names / correct project names, adjust topics to match the note names in my vault.

Now, I use Cloud Atlas to do this for me:
wikify.flow.md (973 Bytes)
wikify.flowdata.md (926 Bytes)

As usual, I add the flow and flowdata files to CloudAtlas , reload the plugin. With this before running it, I have Templater expand out the people names by adding this template to the end of the flowdata:

<%*
folderChoicePath = "People"

if (folderChoicePath != null) {
	new Notice(`Folder: ${folderChoicePath}`, 5000);
	let filesInFolder = new Array();
	console.log("folderChoicePath: " + `${folderChoicePath}`)

filesInFolder =  app.vault.getFiles().filter(file => file.path.includes(folderChoicePath)).map(tFile=>tFile.basename )

const filesList = new Array();
	filesInFolder.forEach((file) => {
		filesList.push('\n - ' + file + '')
	});
	const content = "\n" + filesList.sort((a, b) => a.toLowerCase().localeCompare(b.toLowerCase())).join('')
	tR+=content
}
_%>

Then I run this command: