Allow users to continue watching videos in Obsidian instead of jumping to an external browser to play

Thanks for a great tool!
There is a problem when using Obsidian to play YouTube videos. At present, only the video with the specified link can be played. If I want to continue to play the next video in Obsidian, it will jump to an external browser instead of continuing to open in the Obsidian plays the next video, which may not be as good as it should be for users who prefer to continue watching videos in Obsidian! So I hope to enhance the support for video playback to allow users to continue watching videos in Obsidian instead of jumping to an external browser to play. A setting option can be provided to allow the user to enable or disable the function of continuing to play the next video in Obsidian.
System: Windows 10
Obsidian: 1.3.5
To reproduce the problem, please see:
Video_2023-06-06_190833.zip (783.7 KB)

Question 2:
The inserted YouTube video playback window also cannot be displayed in the center

This is what it’s indented to do. Open a Feature request for anything else.

The embed a video is for embedding one video in that position of the text, so I don’t see why it would be centered.

Layout options should be added here to allow users to set the video to be displayed in the center

If you think this requirement is reasonable, please turn this issue into a feature request. If I open the same request again, the problem is obviously repeated. I believe that many friends who often watch YouTube videos need this function, because I found that playing YouTube videos in Obsidian is very quiet and without any advertisements or other disturbances, so please further enhance and perfect this video playback function. Thank you so much for all the hard work you and your team have put in! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.