Allow user definable connection point locations on canvas objects

Use case or problem

As soon as I found out about canvas I thought about using it for diagramming my network system. I was able to do so crudely, but thought it would be very useful to have more than one connection point per side of an object on the canvas, rather than be limited to just one per side (four total). It would facilitate diagramming where multiple inputs or outputs are connected from/to, with each one having its own spot along a side of the note or card.

Proposed solution

Allow user definable positions around the perimeter of the card/note/image as connection points.

3 Likes

Cool idea and inspiration!

While this linked request relates to images instead of normal nodes, I thought it might be worth mentioning here: Ability to add anchor points within images in canvas

Thanks!

Please. Or at the very least give cards and groups shapes with more than 4 sides (Hexagons, Octagons, polygons with arbitrary # of sides, etc.)

I know this is an old conversation but I got Obsidian like last month and I still have not seen either this feature or a plugin that lets you connect more than 4 items to a card or group without overlapping