Allow maximize the tab width when using tab stack

Use case or problem

I like to use the tab stack feature. But sometime I would like to maximize the current tab to use the whole space available in the window. Leaving only the title bar for the remains tabs in the stack. But this is not possible. Obsidian always keep at least two notes in the windows. Take a look in the following example. I cannot make note 3 to use the whole space available in the window. Obsidian always keep the note 2 and note 1 visible.

Proposed solution

Allow users using tab stack to maximize the note width to use all the window space. Leaving only the title bar for the other tabs in the stack.

Current workaround (optional)

I’m not aware of any workaround

4 Likes

I second this. I don’t use stacked tabs because of this. If I want to see the content of 2 pages simultaneously I split the screen. Stacked view on my system is too distracting, but it must be system-related (screen size? I’ve got a very large screen) because in videos I’ve seen none of them seem to have this problem, ie. you only see the content of the active tab.

The stacked tabs are a nice-to-have imo since unstacked is fine for me. It would just be nice to have :slightly_smiling_face:.