ADHD-friendly system

Thanks! I am aware of the Admonition, and I’m making appropriate adjustments which I will publish in this thread.

I have not tried IA but I will! Thanks for your suggestion.

3 Likes

Really love the rendering !

1 Like

How did you get the two text editors on the right sidebar above the graph view? They look really helpful for someone like me who isn’t quite as familiar with Markdown yet.

1 Like

The one immediately above the graph is available when you download the Advanced Table plugin. The far above one is also available from a plugin but I don’t know it’s name.

2 Likes

Hello! It’s advanced Table, and Markdown Formatting Assistant!

3 Likes

Thanks amirography, this is very, very useful and inspiring!

I am planning to set up a very simple and flat folder structure, and mainly really on backlinks, keyword search, tags and MOCs to navigate.

I can see the value of having everything already in a structure, but I worry that

• Putting everything in the structure will become time-consuming and a way of procrastinating.
  • Maintaining the structure will become am ongoing maintenance team, to avoid and feel guilty about.

So for me, maybe a simpler folder structure is better.

I’m curious how well this works for you. Do you find it worth the effort to maintain the subfolders?

Thanks!

I just stumble across this while looking for something else and, wow, as an obsidian user with ADHD this is extremely useful! I hadn’t heard of the PARA folder structure before, but it makes a lot of sense to me, and I like how easy it is to reorganize priorities when necessary by just changing the numbers at the start of the directory name. Thank you for the detailed post!

4 Likes

4. the tagging system

Will be added soon.

5. the note structures

Will be added soon.

6. the integrations

Will be added soon.

Narrator’s voice: “It was never touched upon again.”

3 Likes

Is there a template we can use to set this up quickly? Sorry, new to obsidian.

As someone with ADHD myself, I 100% get OPs delay here. I’ve done this countless times.

OP, thanks for sharing - I’ll definitely be looking into this!

1 Like

We have all been there …

… and some day the same muse may return/resume.

OP: thanks for sharing, looking forward to the next installment :slight_smile:

@amirography Chiming in to say as a fellow ADHDer new to Obsidian, would love a continuation of your post!

4 Likes

This explanation is amazing! Thank you.