Many times you want to add tags/links to multiple files at once. This could be in setting up your Vault & PKM system, transferring your previous use of folders to links/tags, or in easily making Indexes or changes status to various notes.
Here’s a rough process I conceptualize this could be done:
- “Add to” option via UI button, right click option, or hotkey.
- Select source/destination
- Highlight a link/tag/text, “add to”, select destination
- Multi select files/folders in File Explore/Graph, “add”, select tag/link
- Highlight a link/tag, while in a note, select “Add to all Links in Note”
The select designations suggestion box searches:
Files, Folders, Custom Categories (MOC, ToCs, Templates, etc)
Destination Suggestion Box can be filtered by “kind” similar to “#” filtering to headers while in the link suggestion box. As with link suggestion, if none exist continue typing to create.
- Select folder “Psychology Assessments”, “add to”, filter to find, “Psychology Assessments MOC” (creating MOCs from folders)
- In “Indian Fusion Recipes MOC” consisting of notes of recipes, I want to add the following tags to the individual files listed in this MOC. I select “#recipes”, “#Indian-food”, “#fusion-recipes” and then select “Add to All Links in Note”
- I have a large note on “Optimal Note Organization” which has many links in it and I’d like to turn this note into a MOC, so I select “Make Index of Links in Note”
- I select tag “#book-ideas”, “add to”, then filter suggestion box to folders (via typing “>” for example), select folder “Book Ideas” and then all the files in that folder would have the “#book-ideas” added to them (an example of transferring folders into a PKM)
- following the recipe MOC example I may want to apply “#attempted” to a specific selection of links in the MOC - select the links, “add to”, select/input the tag
- also perhaps in this MOC I’d like to bring in links of all the recipes that have “#fusion” & “#attempted”, so with “add links”, apply the conditions, then it’ll past a list of links into your MOC which you can now cull, rearrange, sort at your digression
Insert Location - where in the file insert the text. Top/Bottom of file.
Additional idea mentioned - Custom File Categories
A prefix or attribute that the user can add to a file for features/navigation/filtering.
Examples: Template, MOCs, ToCs, Index.