Adding a callout in a list broke the list in reading mode

I searched the forum but didn’t get information about this bug for reading mode. The displaying of Callout in a list is “ok” in LP.

Steps to reproduce

Copy paste this in obsidian

- Another
		- Item
> [!warning] 
> Im a callout

Expected result

• List correctly indented
  • - turning into bullet
  • Some indenting in the callout

Actual result

Note : Adding a new line before the callout repair the list, but remove the callout from the list!

(in Testing Vault)

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 11 Education ; French
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v1.1.9
    Installer version: v1.1.8
    Operating system: Windows 10 Education 10.0.22623
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: insider
    Insider build toggle: on
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: off
    Plugins installed: 0
    Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

/

Your callout isn’t in the list. In Markdown, to put another block in a list item you need to indent it under the list item and put a blank line over it.

So I’d expect this to work:

- Another
		- Item
> [!warning] 
> Im a callout

But it doesn’t:

When I take your example, select the callout, and use the mobile toolbar button to indent it 3 times, I get this:

- Another
		- Item
> 			[!warning] 
> 			Im a callout

Which is closer but doesn’t quite work (at first I thought it did work, because I don’t normally use callouts):

Adding block quote levels seems to work, but I’m not sure this is correct and haven’t checked the resulting HTML (also, trying this out of curiosity is what made me realize the prior example was incorrect):

- Another
		- Item
>>>> [!warning] 
>>>> Im a callout

Using only 1 extra block quote level appears to still put the callout in the list item but reduced the number of lines at the left.

- Another
		- Item
>> [!warning] 
>> Im a callout

I’m not sure if this (or the prior example) is correct, but if not I hope it helps you find the right answer.

If you haven’t searched the forum yet, it looks like there are discussions that are at least related.

Yeah, after some try, I get the same result. I think it’s pretty strange behaviour

it’s not adding a callout. it’s adding everything