Add option to enable/disable frameless mode

Permanent workaround for users of i3 who just want the border back. You can force this by adding this line to your i3 config.

for_window [class="obsidian"] border pixel 1

Without this line i3 respects if a window requests “no decorations”

1 Like

Can you describe in more detail (step by step) how to get a system window frame in Ubuntu. I will be very grateful :blush:

How did you do it? Can you describe in more detail (step by step) how to get a system window frame in Ubuntu. I will be very grateful.

I can confirm that the solution by @Syphdias will show native window decorations in KDE.

To automatically patch it in nixos, you can grab my overrideAttrs: dotfiles/default.nix at 5e053fc646fbde437fadeab5f2883eeed08bea8e · viperML/dotfiles · GitHub . (For example, environment.systemPackages = [ (pkgs.obsidian.overrideAttrs ( ... )) ]

Another way on KDE to force the system title bar is by going to ‘Settings → Window Managment → Window Rules’. There you can add a rule (‘Add Rule’ down the bottom) for obsidian. In there you can add the ‘No titlebar and frame’ property, and check the ‘no’ option.

Below is what mine looks like. Depending on your obsidian theme settings you may end up with both the system title bar and obsidian’s title bar. One bonus for KDE users might be that obsidian opens only in the active activity, rather than in all activities.

4 Likes

Hi @all,

here is my solution:

it is able to check for updates and change the frame to native while installing newest release.
I have test it on archlinux and debian.

best regards

1 Like

Same for me. The window bars on KDE have so much power that is all lost with the custom Obsidian bar. Also, not consistent with the rest of the system. Not only visual, but what buttons I have where on my bars.

Thank you!!! This restored the system title bar on Obsidian. I installed the Hider community plugin and turned on the “Hide title bar (frameless mode)” option to hide Obsidian’s titlebar.

Now Obsidian fits in with the rest of the applications running on my system. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t mind about CSD but Obsidian title bar looks rather ugly. It’s sad because Gnome Adwaita is gorgeous. Tnx for the tip. I also managed to remove menu bar because it has no use. To do this add win.setMenuBarVisibility(false); to the end of the createWindow(...).

Will be implemented in v0.16.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.