Add header and list folding to Publish sites

Header and list folding are just inherently useful for scanning pages, especially reading two specific sections. I’ve gotten accustomed to doing this in the client and it’s frustrating to not be able to on publish.

Right now the only work-around is creating a callout that can be opened and closed, but it isn’t clear to anybody that those can be clicked and opened in the first place and it’s not a fix for everything — can’t just have callouts everywhere.

<3

10 Likes

+1, this would be incredibly useful.

1 Like
  • 1 on this one. Let’s add this :slight_smile:

+1. My personal use case is Lamport’s structured proofs. In general, this feature would be great for arguments (mathematical or otherwise) that have a lot of detail. It’s really nice to read an argument like this first at the highest level, then selectively unfold the details you are most interested in.
Incidentally, I took a look at the Publish source in the Chrome inspector. It looks like the folding functionality might still be there, but disabled in the CSS. I’m not very knowledgeable about web development, but I suspect that it might be possible to re-enable the feature by adding a small amount of custom CSS (in publish.css. If anyone knows how to do that, it would be awesome.

Definitely must have.