Add editable headings/blocks to Canvas via “Drag to add note from vault” command

Use case or problem

While it is possible to add an entire note using the “Drag to add note from vault” command, this doesn’t allow the adding of headings and blocks as individual editable canvas elements.

Proposed solution

It would be extremely helpful to be able to use the “Drag to add note from vault” command to add headings and blocks as individual editable canvas elements.

Related feature requests (optional)

Add sections / blocks to Canvas view - This request was marked solved which is why I’ve created this new request.

Thanks!

16 Likes

As far as I can tell, the original request wasn’t really solved either. The links suggested in Add sections / blocks to Canvas view are merely embedded links, not editable sections like those you get by using “Narrow to Heading” in the canvas.
I like to keep early stage notes as headings in topics, and it would be nice to be able to link to them directly instead of embedding the note and then narrowing. It’s a small thing but would certainly be useful to me.
On a similar note, being able to embed – or even just copy – a card from the Kanban plugin by dragging it to a canvas would be terrific.
Anyone else interested?