Add "Back" and "Forward" buttons to right-click menu

Use case or problem

It would be really nice to able to navigate backwards and forward with the mouse.
Please just add 2 menu items: “Back” and “Forward” like you have it any internet browser.

Proposed solution

Add 2 right-click context menu buttons.

Workaround (update)

It is actually possible with a plugin:
obsidian://show-plugin?id=customizable-menu

Issue can be closed.

Ideally, it would be nice if Obsidian accepted “Back” and “Forward” gestures from the mouse (or clicks from dedicated Back and Forward buttons), so that they work just like in any web browser or most native apps. Then we wouldn’t need the context menus.

2 Likes

…it would be nice if Obsidian accepted “Back” and “Forward”…clicks from dedicated Back and Forward buttons

I was able to easily configure the side buttons on my Logitech mouse to do this. Logitech’s software lets you assign any installed app’s own commands to the buttons, which then apply whenever you’re using that particular app.

1 Like

Is there any same solution for Ubuntu? I’m running Ubuntu 23.04 and there is no app, that can handle different button layout for different applications.

But I desperately need to use Logitechs native sidebuttons for back & forward navigation, since I always use them in chrome and any other app.

Please can someone help with make a shortcut for these buttons in Obsidian?

I’ve heard of an open-source Linux utility for Logitech hardware, but idk whether it works for mice or just keyboards. Sorry, I can’t recall the name.