Accidentally made fonts in side panels, top bar and gutters very small

I accidentally used Ctrl+minus a few times. Now both my side panels, the top bar, and the gutters are in tiny fonts.

It also seems to have made the “readable line length” of the the reading/editing pane narrower.

Ctrl+plus sign doesn’t work, and I can’t find a general reset button. The font size reset in Appearance only affects the reading/editing pane.

Changing themes doesn’t help.

I could do it with a CSS snippet, but I only found the CSS for the left side pane

.nav-folder-title-content 

.nav-file-title-content

I’d be grateful for either a way to restore the defaults of all the panels, or the CSS for the right panel, the top bar, the gutters, and reading/editing pane.

As a last resort I could remove the vault and reopen it as a “new” vault (and reinstall the plugins and snippets).

Ctrl-0 to reset

You can also run the command Reset zoom from the command palette.

Zooming in is Ctrl-=, so if you’re hitting shift to type Ctrl-+, that might explain the trouble. Or it might be a language/keyboard-layout issue. Or the hotkey may have been overridden by something else.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

I should have mentioned I’m on Linux. I’m also on a Belgian Azerty keyboard.

The Linux version doesn’t seem to have Reset zoom in the command palette and as I mentioned Ctrl-+ doesn’t work. Never thought of trying Ctrl-0, which is basically a reset command.

Somehow, by sheer luck, I managed to solve it. I tinkered around a lot, but I think what I did was

• remove the .obsidian file
  • restart the vault
  • close it again
  • put the original .obsidian file back

Should it happen again, I’m certainly going to try out Ctrl-0.

Thanks again.

Glad you got it sorted.

You can probably fine tune it a bit for next time: When I really bork things up, (with Obsidian closed) just removing the .obsidian/appearance.json and/or workspace.json will reset the gui to a clean state.

What version and installer version?

Good suggestion. Thanks.

1 Like
  • Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon
  • Obsidian-0.15.9.AppImage

By the way, I don’t seem to have a code inspector/developer mode Ctrl-Shift-I either.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.