1.5.8 Hotkeys Failing to Bind

Steps to reproduce

1. Go to vault settings
  2. Go to Hotkeys Page
  3. On any Hotkey, press the Plus icon to add a Key binding
  4. With the “Press Hotkey…” Button showing, press literally any key/key combination

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Yes

Expected result

I expected to assign a custom key binding to any Hotkeys listed in the menu.

Actual result

The “Press Hotkey…” box remains highlighted and no key inputs are registered until clicking away from the Hotkeys page.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.8
Installer version: v1.4.14
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.22631
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 14
Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

I have used Obsidian for the better part of two years now. I have not encountered this issue until recently returning to my obsidian vault after a 2-month hiatus. As far as I can tell, everything is as updated as possible, including my themes and plugins. This issue is also present when accessing my vault on my MacBook Pro through Obsidian Sync

works for me

As far as I can tell, everything is as updated as possible, including my themes and plugins.
You didn’t download and reinstall obsidian as suggested in the troubleshooting guide.

Post a screen recording of this not working in the sandbox vault after updating.

You didn’t download and reinstall obsidian as suggested in the troubleshooting guide.

Enable restricted mode in your vault, and completely close and restart Obsidian.
Does the same thing also happen on mac?
Do the hotkey work elsewhere in your system?

I would also suggest to look if there is something else in your system that is capturing the hotkeys.

I did completely reinstall Obsidian, I did then try using everything in restricted mode after completely resetting. I also tried to bind hotkeys in my sandbox vault after completely reinstalling obsidian and being in restricted mode.

The same thing does happen on my MacBook.
Hotkeys work if they are bound to something. The hotkeys with default bindings are usable. Any hotkey that is not bound, I cannot add a key binding. all keypress does not register until I click out of the “bind key” menu.

outside of obsidian, hotkeys for other applications work fine; both in using them as well as editing their key bindings.

Arr you using the same keyboard in both computers?

Are you using some special keyboard layout?

I am not using either a special keyboard or a special keyboard layout. On my MacBook I just use the laptop keyboard. On my PC I have a basic mechanical keyboard. Both have a standard qwerty ;layout.