Writing Bottom - Up

Hey you all,
I was wondering if there is a plugin that reverses the direction of the page. I don’t mean left to write, but Bottom - up. Because I use obsidian for my Daily logs like this: I always keep the most recent event on the top, just like my memory works. But it is a bit cumbersome to shift everything down manually.

Example

Normal Writing Direction:

• Mo
  • Tue
  • Wed
  • Thu
  • Fr
  • Sa
  • Su

And here reversed:

• Su
  • Sa
  • Fr
  • Thu
  • Wed
  • Tue
  • Mo

So expected behaviour: Everytime you press enter, everything shifts down and the cursor jumps above it.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts on this!

I have a note that acts as a running log that I prepend new text to using the Local REST API for Obsidian plugin by @coddingtonbear.

Once the plugin is installed you can interact with your Vault, by using the interactive API Docs here:

https://coddingtonbear.github.io/obsidian-local-rest-api/

You can also install this package on your local machine.

This plugin can be used in combination with the Obsidian Web Chrome Browser extension. Also, by the same author of the plugin.

I use the API outside of the interactive docs or browser extension. For example, if you have a note in the root of your vault called:

Testing-API.md

The content of that note is:

# Main-Heading

## 2022-09-11

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

if you want to prepend new text to a note, using the PATCH method, you can run a curl command to interact with the Obsidian API. The <BEARER_TOKEN> can be found under the plugin’s settings in Obsidian preferences/settings.

curl -X 'PATCH' \
  'http://127.0.0.1:27123/vault/Testing-API.md' \
  -H 'accept: */*' \
  -H 'Heading: Main-Heading' \
  -H 'Content-Insertion-Position: beginning' \
  -H 'Heading-Boundary: ::' \
  -H 'Authorization: Bearer <BEARER_TOKEN>' \
  -H 'Content-Type: text/markdown' \
  -d '## 2022-09-13

morbi bibendum commodo congue.'

Now, the note’s contents are:

# Main-Heading
## 2022-09-13

morbi bibendum commodo congue.

## 2022-09-11

lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Hey thanks, this really is a great tool - especially for some pages, where the markdownload extension is having trouble.
But do you mean, you add everything you write to a note?
Honestly I don’t think this is what I am looking for - it seems kinda overdone to use a restApi for this kind of thing. :stuck_out_tongue: But thanks for the tip!

You can to try the memos plugin, it may help you,

1 Like

Thank you very much - although it was not the thing I was looking for, it proofed to be reeeally helpful. As easy as twitter. Thanks!