Workflow Question - Daily Note and Meeting Minutes

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some input on Daily Notes and Meeting Minutes. My workflow that I use presently is … every day in my daily note I have a keyboard maestro Macro which I execute that pulls my calendar evens and populates the note. Something like:

:spiral_calendar:10:00AM Meeting 1
:spiral_calendar:10:30AM Meeting 2
:spiral_calendar:11:00AM Meeting 3
:spiral_calendar:12:00PM Meeting 4
:spiral_calendar:02:00PM Meeting 5

What I had been doing was taking notes for every meeting with daily note like this:

• Notes for the meeting
  • Notes for the meeting
:spiral_calendar:11:00AM Meeting 3…

You get the idea. The issue I’m running into is that expecially for recurring meetings…the notes kindof get disjointed…meaning that when I am in said recurring meeting Its not so easy to look at the history. Then I thought maybe I should not keep the notes in the daily note but rather just put a link to a central note representing the recurring meeting…

[[Meeting 1]]

[[Meeting 2]

:spiral_calendar:11:00AM Meeting 3…

and then in the [[Meeting 1]] note…create heading for each day and put the notes there. Haven’t really started down this route yet…thought I’d get some input first…

So thanks for taking the time - and I’d love to hear thoughts/example on what everyone else is doing.

Linking from my daily note is what I do with my meeting notes too. An added benefit of this: If you’re ever asked to share your notes, they are in a self-contained file which makes it much easier.

I have an agenda-section in my daily-note-template where I enter the meetings as links “yyyy-mm-dd what-is-it-about”. I feel I need separate notes for each meeting because I can also use these notes to prepare for the meeting.
My template for meetings contains stuff like participants etc. and I add tags for the project or even workpackage within a larger project the meeting was about.

Recurring meetings often include the same people (or teams) and I have a “people folder” where I add all the people (and more or less stable teams). I usually dont link from the meeting-note to people, but unlinked mentions in my people-section give me a good list of more or less connected meetings.

For me, the only drawback to using Obsidian in this way is the limited support to include attachments (pictures and pdf doesnt cut it for me). I hope this will change over time. My prefered solution there would be to being able to link to files (word, excel etc). Connected-text had this totally figured out in my opinion: you could drag and drop a file into a note and a link was added. If you pressed ctrl during this, the file was automatically moved into a specified folder and the link placed to that copy (if a file with the same name already existed, CT renamed the copy I think). This way it was easy to have everthing at one place - plus everything could be kept mobile: I used google-drive to sync CT, which worked, because the default folder could be a folder within the projects-folder and relative paths were used. But sorry, I got a bit OT here.