Hi,

When taking notes in everyday life, I’d like to do this :

Taking my android phone

Go to a dictating app

Dictating the note so the app writes it

Save the note

Convert it into an .md file

Move this file to my vault on my phone

Get it synced to all my devices (sync already working fine)

It’s a pretty big process so I don’t know where to start.

Do you have any ideas on how could I do that ?

Cheers,

matelon

Perhaps this won’t work with your setup but I use Dictation on iPad to just dictate straight into an Obsidian note (where it is then synced).

I tested it there on Obsidian for Android and it works fine, the only issue I can see is if you’re doing a lot of dictation, perhaps the Android built-in is not as good as 3rd party dictation software?

1 Like

As mentioned by Crow, Android’s built-in isn’t up to the job … so …
EDIT: Using GBoard’s microphone input works remarkably better than I remembered. It also syncs the voice input language with the current GBoard language.

Speechnotes | app | web |
Speechtexter | app | web |

Both of the above apps let you share the transcription.
I shared it directly to my Android Mobile Obsidian app and had the choice of inserting it into the current open file or choosing a different file.

Thus there is no need to convert into “.md”
Both apps work offline(lower quality)

Their web versions:
Speechtexter also lets you share.
Speechnotes needs copying & pasting.

So now that it is in your Obsidian Mobile you would need to sync it to your Obsidian desktop version with syncthing, foldersync or such - great info here.

Personally I might do it the old-fashioned way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you a lot for your help guys!

I will definitely use android dictation to write my notes directly into obsidian.

And thank you for sharing those apps I didn’t found this morning @ichmoimeyo !

1 Like

EDIT: Using GBoard’s microphone input works remarkably better than I remembered. It also syncs the voice input language with the current GBoard language.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.