[With demo] Canvas: Hotkeys for adding items, navigating and changing color

+1 would love to see this feature! I’ve tried using the “Canvas Mindmap” plugin but it hasn’t been updated in 5 months and most of the functionality doesn’t work anymore. OP’s plugin seems like a much better implimentation.

re: VIM issue update

I am here to +1 for canvas hotkeys
specifically open note in new tab or window

+1 to this idea of quick adding cards

+1 for this as well!! Agree with what has been proposed

+1 this would be very nice

+1 for this and truly hope Canvas feature could be emphasized more for the usage extension :grinning:

Woah that would be so nice to automatically enter insert mode! I don’t want to completely disable VIM in canvases, but I think this change would make a big difference for fluidity.

+1 For me too, this would make brainstorming so much more efficient if we could just use the keyboard. These micro-seconds really matter, Obsidian Dev team please make it happen!

1 Like

Yes pls, + 1 from me too

Another +1 from me!

Yees! +1! Need hotkeys!

Also would love way more hot keys for Canvas. It’s very clunky to have to click on certain things like creating groups or changing the colors of arrows.

2 Likes

I’m eager to see these features released.

+1

I personally need a fast way of inputting small (both visually and in size) notes that are automatically attached to the previous one either as a child or sibling. Connecting and rearranging the notes with a mouse is a slower process anyway, so I’m happy to do that with a mouse.

In summary if a quick input and a rudimentary way of navigating and editing without letting go of the keyboard would be possible I could start using Canvas immediately and be happy while I wait for the more advanced features.

1 Like