When I open a note that overwrites my current TAB, where do I set the default to open a new TAB for display?

When I open a note that overwrites my current TAB, where do I set the default to open a new TAB for display?

On which device or desktop are you? From where are you opening your files?

If you’re using the file explorer on a desktop, you’ve got at least these options:

• Clicking the file replace the active tab
  • Cmd (or Ctrl on Win) + file name, opens in new tab
  • Right-clicking gives you multiple other options:
    • in new tab – Opens the file next to the active tab
    • to the right – Splits the tabgroups, and open the file in another group to the right
    • in new window – Opens a new window with that file

Another way to split into more windows (still at desktop) is to right-click the title, and select some of these options:

• Split right / Split down – Will copy the current file, but either in a new tab group to the right, or below that title. This can then be repurposed to any file of your choice
  • In new window – Opens the current file in a new window

So there are some of your options related to getting new tabs to play around with. Can you define that just clicking on a file in the file explorer will always open in a new tab… Don’t think so, but it’s not that much effort to hit the Cmd (or Ctrl on Windows) before clicking the file name.

1 Like

I tend to Cmd/Ctrl click for a new tab, but this plugin (and long thread) might be of interest to you. I haven’t tried it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.