Weird search match highlighting

Steps to reproduce

Follow a back link or image mention link or search for a tag.

Actual result

I’m posting screenshots from the popular Minimal theme because the problem is more visible there, but nevertheless it’s present in the default theme and seems to be related to the tokenization of search results.

Environment

• Operating system: macOS Monterey
  • Debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.15.9
Installer version: v0.15.9
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.5.0: Tue Apr 26 21:08:29 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.121.3~4/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101 21.5.0
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: light
Community theme: Minimal
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 1
Plugins enabled: 1
1: Minimal Theme Settings v5.3.2

I am not sure I understand you. Post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault.

You can see this when clicking a block link or heading link, but I don’t see it in the default theme (maybe the effect is too subtle). I see it in the Minimal theme, even in Restricted Mode. I’d assumed it was a problem with the theme.

I believe the difference is that the default theme highlights the background in an uniform way, so all segments fuse into one.

According to the developer of Minimal theme, this is a bug in Obsidian that will be addressed in next release:

1 Like

This is how it looks in the also popular Primary theme:

So it indeed seems to be a quirk in Obsidian.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.