We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before submitting a new bug report. Please also try your repro steps with third-party plugins and custom CSS disabled and see if it’s still reproducible. If it’s an issue with third-party plugins or themes, try contacting the author for help. Once you’ve done the above, delete this line.
Steps to reproduce
- Went to https://forum.obsidian.md in Firefox browser
- Clicked on “Sign Up” button in top right corner
- Prompt appears allowing me to enter details; I entered the details I wanted to use
- Click on Create New Account button
Expected result was to create a new account
Could not create account because the username field shows the error, “Checking username availability” indefinitely, regardless of what I enter.
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
- Browser: Firefox 78.7.1esr 64-bit
- Obsidian version: N/A
- The issue existed in a private window also, so I don’t think it is cookies.
- I was able to create an account (this one) using Microsoft Edge, and then sign in in Firefox.