This thread is to consolide various requests about adding a whiteboard view among a selected subset of notes in the vault.
The goal of this view is to recreate a whiteboard/corkboard user experience (à la miro) as opposed to the automatically generated graph view.
There are several levels to this request:
- Create a board where and let the user manually select some notes to be there
- Let the user decide/fix the notes’ position
- Let the user save and restore a board
- Let user create new notes
- Let the user visually add links among notes (implemented via a YAML attribute)
- Finally, add the option to edit the content of the notes without leaving the board.
At this moment, there are no commitments that this will be implemented first party by Obsidian.
It’s possible that each of the above points will be extracted to its own FR over time.
This should not be confused with mindmap representation of a single note https://forum.obsidian.md/t/represent-and-edit-a-single-note-as-a-mindmap/3738. There are already plugins for this.
This topic is somewhat related to (but not the same as) https://forum.obsidian.md/t/add-support-for-link-types/6994