- Enable Vim keybindings under “Editor” settings
- Use new Live Preview features
- Have a document with a horizontal rule (
-----) that is scrolled off the page
- Scroll up and down using
jrespectively until the horizontal rule is encountered
- Continue scrolling up and down using
- Upon arriving at the line before the horizontal rule (meaning the HR is the next line to be rendered at the top or bottom of the window), Vim switches to insert mode prior to scrolling onto the line with the horizontal rule. This results in a string of
kkkkkkkkkkkif trying to scroll up or
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjif trying to scroll down.
- This was reproduced in the help vault.
- Operating system: Windows 11
- Note: I use the Vimrc support community plugin, but this behavior exists with that plugin disabled.
- Debug info: SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.13.13
Installer version: v0.12.19
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: Subtlegold
Snippets enabled: 0
Safe mode: off
Plugins installed: 5
Plugins enabled: 4
1: Ozan’s Image in Editor Plugin
2: Add Codemirror matchbrackets.js
3: Editor Syntax Highlight
4: Vimrc Support
Let me know if you need me to make a quick gif of this behavior.