Vim normal mode produces k instead of going up when hitting markdown line

Steps to reproduce

Enable Live Preview mode.
Enable official vim plugin.
Have no third party plugins installed.

Write three dashes to create a markdown line somewhere (as seen in the image below).
Enter vim normal mode and place the caret a few lines below the three dashes, as seen in the image below).

Now scroll down so that the three dashes are not visable in the pane (see line numbers in the image. Line 116 is only visible if I would scroll up).

Now hold k (to go up with the normal mode caret).
When the caret hits line number 114 (observe that the three dashes are placed on line 113) the caret stops moving up and instead produces kkkkkkkkkkk (see image)

I tried to release k and then hit k again. That produced a single k.
Now, scroll up so that the three dashes and the lines above it is visible.
Moving the normal mode caret up and down over the line with the three dashes (using j and k) is now functioning as expected.

Environment

• Operating system: Linux (LMDE)
  • Debug info: SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.13.14
    Installer version: v0.9.20
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: none
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 1
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Update installer: installer version too low, please download from Download - Obsidian and reinstall.
Custom theme: for cosmetic issues, please try to make the issue happen in the help vault or disable community theme and snippets.

Additional information

I think this is fixed in the latest insider build so coming to general release soon.

good! (if that’s the case)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.