View Structure of Nested Tags on Graph

+1 really hope they implement this feature

4 Likes

+1 would love to have this feature!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Using Obsidian mainly for the graph view feature, viewing nested tags structure would be a huge improvement in my working habits.

So… +1 !

1 Like

could you send a screenshot of what the ta view looks like?

+1 to this! It would really take the graph view to the next level. It’s so important that I am even considering the workaround of setting up a script to autotag child tags with the parent tags, but this feature would be so much simpler, cleaner, and more effective…

2 Likes

+1 vote from me too!

1 Like

+1. Tag nesting not working in graph view is an oversight in need of fixing.

4 Likes

+1 I don’t see a point to using nested tags without this as I want the note that I tag with a nested tag to be related to the original tag (through the nested tag). Now, that doesn’t happen so instead of nested tags I just use additional tags and tag the note to both the new tag and the parent tag

7 Likes

+1

Any chance this is being worked on?

1 Like

+1

Pretty much what they said ^^. My graph looks so sad because of this :frowning:

2 Likes

A pity it’s not open sourced. Though relieving at the same time. I would spend too much time fixing shit. But this FR for a basic functionality is really open and has been repeatedly asked for for too long…

4 Likes

Is this still not implemented? I don’t really see what the point of nested tags is for without showing them on the graph to be honest.

2 Likes

+1
I went searching for how to do this and found this page.

1 Like

+1 to this. I was using nested tags in my notes to help specify my college notes (if it was talked about in week 1, if it was a note from the textbook, module, lecture, etc, and what broader topic it related to), would be nice to see my graph reflect this as it’s just a mess otherwise

This would be a great option.
I would also hope that the nesting on the graph view would apply even if the base tag is not in use; that is, #X/Y would show a node for #X, even if #X is not a tag that has been used.

2 Likes

Any news on this? WHy is this not yet implemented?

Yes, this is definitely needed and should be implied by the design.

1 Like

+1 to this. This is such a basic feature. Logseq has this already.

Yes, definitely something I need.
+1

+1 really need this

1 Like