View Structure of Nested Tags on Graph

I have the same idea.

2 Likes

Hello, any update on this ? I don’t know if I should change the way I use tags or if a solution will come out eventually.

5 Likes

Any updates?
A toggle that could reveal relations between nested tags and root tags would be perfect.

6 Likes

I’m voting for this one!

3 Likes

Any updates with this feature?

3 Likes

+1, vote it up.

4 Likes

+1 vote this up. Particularly useful for users coming from Bear

4 Likes

+1 This would be incredibly helpful. I was surprised when I found it wasn’t an existing feature. I had to completely overhaul my tagging system to reinstate order on Graph View, as I was unable to see clustering of notes based on their parent tags. At this point (for my uses) nested tags are nowhere near as useful as they could be, if they would give a more intuitive visual representation of connections. Of course this could and probably should be a toggle-able option, for flexibility in tag implementation.

5 Likes

Completely new to Obsidian - first day of using it. But definitely +1 to this!

4 Likes

Same around here +1

3 Likes

#metoo +1

3 Likes

+1 me three

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

+1 for me. This would be super helpful. I need nested tags a lot. But unfortunately this renders the graph view totally unusable :expressionless:

5 Likes

Have another upvote from me. This would seem to be rather the whole point of having nested tags. If you can’t use nested tags in the graph view, they lose the vast majority of their functionality. The whole point of tags is to group like things.

For example, I have the following tags: #Person/Work/Boss, #Person/Work/Co-worker, #Person/Relative, & #Person/Neighbor.

If all these people would clump near #Person, that would instantly organize my graph view immensely. As the groups (neighbors) and (bosses & co-workers) are generally unconnected to one another, having them automatically split out would again help me to see how the various groups of people are intertangled.

This is obviously a ridiculously simple example, but I believe it conveys the utility that this functionality would impart.

6 Likes

This feature would probably bring me back to obsidian.

6 Likes

This feature would probably bring me back to obsidian.+1

8 Likes

I’m also interested in this feature.

8 Likes

This feature would be killer!

6 Likes

This seems fairly easy to implement and would make my graph view so much more efficient. Please add!

7 Likes

I joined the forum to ask for this feature, so I’m both elated that there is already so much existing support behind the idea, and I’m saddened that it hasn’t been implemented in eighteen months.

7 Likes