Vertical indentation guide mystery misalignment

Why is there this slight vertical indentation guide line misalignment when I edit md lists in my vault?
What is the difference between these two indents that they display different?
This is in files imported from Roam that I then edit BUT I did a find and replace of the “ -” spacing in the document to be exactly what obsidian itself produces and the problem persists!

See below for image and file that creates image (nb. same problem with theme disabled + all plugins)

test.md (181 Bytes)

Things I have tried

• disabled theme and plugins (obviously).
  • turned indentation setting off and on again
  • find and replaced the “ -” spacing in the document to be exactly what obsidian itself produces.

What font are you using? Is it a monospaced font? Typeface designers use different values for font spacing, and this can cause your problem when not using a monospaced font.

Barry

Hey Barry, thanks for the input - for a sec I thought you had it! But the problem persists even with default theme and font (which is monospaced).

See below a better test file - the top block is (so far as I know) identical to the bottom block but they align different and actually the ‘Outliner’ plugin works on the bottom one but not the top one?! I’m baffled.

test (1).md (355 Bytes)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.