Vault on USB stick always prompts for safe mode

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

Hi. I have a vault that I regularly sync via GitHub between Mac, iPhone and iPad. However, I don’t have GitHub access from work, so I also have a repository on a USB stick (we don’t restrict USB sticks at work). However, every time I open the vault on my USB stick (whether on my personal Mac or my work Windows machine), it prompts me about trusting the community plugins. I have pretty much the same set of plugins installed on the USB stick as on my Mac, and once I tell Obsidian it’s ok to trust the community plugins, they all work as expected.

Any ideas?

Hey,

Are you still having this issue?
At a guess you might be copying over the hidden .obsidian folder and that there’s a security feature that detects a change with Community plugins in that folder and flags it. Not 100% on that though!

The issue seems to have resolved itself, which means of course I did something, I’m just not sure what. I always open the flash drive copy of my vault on my work machine and I haven’t seen the warning in for a week or more now. I’ll look at the status of the .obsidian folder, though, to see if that’s the solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.