Variable are not working

Things I have tried

What I have tried is to turn off all community plugins. I tried turning off and on various core plugins like templates. I have made a template folder and have made a few test templates. Using the templater format like <% tp.file.title %> works but was hoping to just use the {{title}} format for simplicity. For the {{date}} I have tried just that and also {{date: YYYY-MM-DD}} and omitted the space like {{date:YYYY-MM-DD}}. I have tried opening new templates with these I have tried switching in and out of read mode manually. I just seem to be missing something.

What I’m trying to do

I am trying to simply use the standard variables that I read about in Obsidian help Templates, {{title}} to insert the file name without the extension and {{date}} to insert the current date. There was another post {{date}} and {{title}} not working that had this same problem and it doesn’t look like there was a solution posted other than the one by qbt which did not work for me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.