Using URI to launch vaults breaks the normal mode of launching Obsidian

I have multiple vaults that I switch between using URIs (either in Windows Run or using shortcuts). When I click on the default link to Obsidian (that points to C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Obsidian\Obsidian.exe), instead of opening the last used vault or opening the vault switcher on startup window, Obsidian would launch all the vaults at the same time. This isn’t a huge problem when you have a bunch of vaults but if you have 10+ vault this is annoying and crashes the system.

Steps to reproduce

1. Launch Obsidian and open any vault.
  2. Check the Vault switcher. The Vault you are working with appears on top of the list of vaults in the vault switcher.
  3. Close Obsidian.
  4. Open a new Vault using URI (obsidian://open?vault=Main) in Win+R or any launcher of your choice.
  5. Check the Vault switcher. The vault you are working with is not at the top. The vault you were seeing in step 2 is still at the top.
  6. Close Obsidian.
  7. Click of the Default obsidian shortcut that points to C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Obsidian\Obsidian.exe

Expected result

Obsidian opens to either the vault switcher or last used vault.

Actual result

Obsidian open every single Vault you have in separate windows.

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10

• Debug info:

Additional information

will be fixed 1.0.1

1 Like

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.