Using Hypothes.is to quickly place notes into my digital notebook

Alas one would need some sort of authentication to do private posts/groups via RSS and none currently exists. Here’s some further details on RSS/Atom feeds: Atom & RSS Feeds for Annotations : Hypothesis

You might try a work around using View and export Hypothesis annotations.

http://are.na is a good option for this. Their API is robust and you can export all your content super easy.

1 Like

Did you do any good findings? I myself am ordering a Boox Note Air, and I am also very curious to find out how to work with annotations there. Be it in their own reader app or another app or something web based.

Thought I’d throw this in the mix as well— Readwise will import your Hypothes.is notations. I’ve started using Readwise pretty heavily for importing tweets, and realized the other day that it can do hypothesis as well! Readwise has a pretty robust manual export as well as an API.

Another thought, for those who were concerned about privacy… they don’t have a detailed guide, afaict, but you could probably (definitely?) host your own instance of hypothesis! Everything they produce is open-source. The “h” repo is the server code.

Hi, I just got my Obsidian-Hyphothesis plugin approved and now listed in the Community Plugin. Feel free to check it out. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as well.

8 Likes

(I realise it was over 2.5 years ago that you mentioned your use of an Onyx Book Android eReader, so forgive me it that’s now redundant.)

Assuming you still use Obsidian, and an Onyx device, I would love to know what you’ve figured out in the past couple of years as the most efficient workflow for getting notes, annotations, highlights, etc., from your Onyx device into Obsidian.

I’m currently figuring out a workflow to use. Currently the best I’ve found is:

1. Export (local, to device) the annotations/highlights from each book (book-by-book) on my Boox Nova Air;
  2. Copy those tiles to my Mac (over USB, using AnyDroid);
  3. Copy the content from each of those files into new notes on Obsidian and format them using the method shared here.

It’s still more steps (work) than I would like.

I do still use obsidian and the Boox Ultra C.

I don’t use neo reader very much though. I use kindle and Readwise reader to pass my notes and highlights into obsidian using the Readwise plugin.

@mysticinfusion @JAG

For getting highlights from ebooks into Obsidian, I have a plugin called Air Quotes you might want to consider, which was created for that exact reason of speeding up the painful process of syncing quotes from an eReader.

It’s effectively instantaneous, and works great for ebooks and even print books: