I’m interested in a setting that would use a note’s H1 or front-matter
title instead of or in addition to the filename as the display name everywhere: links, backlinks, graph view, search, etc.
How would this be useful:
- For users who use IDs as filenames or who generally want more concise filenames
- Use illegal filename characters and emojis in note titles
- More readable graph, search, backlinks, etc.
- Is this global or feature-specific? By feature-specific, I mean toggling note title display type separately in the file explorer, graph, backlinks, etc.
- If a note doesn’t have H1 or
title, then the display title would fall back to the filename and/or first line of text.
- For link auto-complete, to enforce unique names, this setting would force displaying a combination of filename + H1/
- This is a feature request, not a plugin because of its global nature.
- This is partially dependent on WYSIWYG.
Related request, but specific to graph view: