URI to pdf with page number does not work

Steps to reproduce

Specifying a URI to open a document, e.g. a PDF, of the form [alias](file:///path/to/file.pdf) works as expected (tested on Windows) and opens the specified file.

With URIs, it should also be possible to specify page numbers in PDFs, e.g. [alias](file:///path/to/file.pdf#page=10).

Expected result

Executing this code in the terminal with e.g. Microsoft Edge does indeed open the file at the specified page. I would expect this to work in Obsidian too.

Actual result

However, an URI of this form in Obsidian throws the following error:

Windows cannot find
‘path/to/file.pdf#page=10’.
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Which makes me believe that Obsidian is somehow passing/decoding the URI incorrectly, since the exact same URI works in the terminal.

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 11
  • Debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.1.16
Installer version: v0.14.6
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.22621
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 3
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 12
Plugins enabled: 7
1: Excalidraw v1.8.14
2: Citations v0.4.5
3: Dataview v0.5.47
4: Copy Image and URL context menu v1.4.0
5: Text Snippets v0.1.2
6: Pandoc Plugin v0.4.1
7: Quick Latex for Obsidian v2.5.1

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme and snippets: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme and disabling your snippets. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

Additional information

This .pdf#page is not really a standard, hence I don’t consider it a bug if it doesn’t work with external applications.

You can try to urlencode the # and see if it helps.