Unusual lag since 1.0.0 on Windows (not Mac)

Minor update, I reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, and the problem is gone, at least for now. No further ideas as to the cause.

One thing to maybe try: When I had the issue, it might have been caused / made worse by windows going into ā€˜low performance modeā€™ after a windows update. I went back to normal performance mode and it got much better.

I just turned off clipboard history in settings and now it is much more responsive. Odd thing is, I toggled it back on and lag in Obsidian is still gone? Anyhow, that worked for me so I can recommend giving that a try.

Are you talking about the Windows Clipboard history? I wouldnā€™t see how this could have an effect on Obsidianā€¦ but then, Iā€™m not a developer, and computers are completely illogical :wink:

Yes, Windows 10 added a clipboard history (WIN + V) which I had turned on when I installed Windows. Originally it was off by default. Anyhow turning it off made the lag disappear for me and like I said earlier, I toggled it back on and Obsidian is still snappy using the keyboard.

I have no idea how this worked but Iā€™m not complaining! I no longer need to use the mouse to select large amounts of text.

+1

Profile-20230108T160054.json.zip (2.5 MB)

• Obsidian-v1.1.9
  • Ubuntu-22.04

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.