Untitled not preselected in Create note modal

When creating a new note, in “Create note” modal, the text “Untitled” in not already selected, one must first select the text (or repeated backspace) and only after that can type the desired title.

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10

• Obsidian version: 1.5.8

Please follow and include the bug report template when posting in this category. Thanks.

Even with Settings > Appearance > Interface → Show inline title & Show tab title bar disabled,

the new note modal looks like this:

I’ve never seen a “Create Note: Provide Name” modal before.
My guess is that it’s coming from a plugin or Templater template.

ariehen,
Thank you for your response.

Sorry, I don’t know what you mean by "[quote=“ariehen, post:2, topic:77476”]
Please follow and include the bug report template when posting in this category
[/quote]

This modal appears when I press the + sign for creating a new note:

For every folder in the vault I have templates defined in Templater that triggers at new note, but I didn’t think Templater is replacing also the modal.

For testing, I created a new folder without adding a template in Templater and the modal that appears is the same, even without defining a template.

You originally posted this in the bug reports category, but didn’t include the bug report template or say if you followed the troubleshooting steps. When you click “New Topic” and choose a category, there’s a template that needs to be followed and included, especially for bug reports.

Ok, thank you, now I understood.

Ideally, that template would be implemented in design, after clicking on “New topic” and choosing a category, the template to automatically appear. In this way it would be easier for everyone, beginners would be guided to complete the form according to the template.