Unlink a Linked mention

Hi,
I don’t find any way to unlink a linked mention. It would be nice to have this feature.

Thanks.

2 Likes

How do you imagine this would work? I can see the utility, but struggle with how to implement it.

(In the meantime, you can manually remove the [[double brackets]], but I imagine you know that.)

Yeah, I know that already. But I imagine that clicking on an unlinked mention adds 2 brackets, I imagine that clicking on a linked mention will remove those brackets. To open a linked mention we will use again ctrl+click. My 2c.

2 Likes

I am super-lost on this. I havent been able to find any more topics really dealing with “unlinking” in this context and there is no command in the palette to do so, and I havent seeen any kind of menu option to “unlink” the selected text. Imagine this scenario…

Say I have a note (file) named “CheatCodesForThePlumberGame.md” (for the sake of brevity file1), and I am working on a file called “CheatCodesForTheFigthingGame.md” (for the sake of brevity file2) and inside of file2 I accidentally make a link to file1…ACCIDENTALLY, but I dont really realize it till a week from now. So I select the link and right click, but there is no “Unlink”. I look in the ellipses menu and there is no “unlink”. I look in the command palette and there is nothing resembling “unlink” or “remove link”. You’re saying I have to manually change the link in the text(code) on file2 (by removing[manually editing] the markdown that makes it a link) and that there should not be a command or a menu option to quickly do this for me? This could basically just stopped me dead in my tracks, because I was expecting to find a shortcut, or a menu item, or at least a command SOMEWHERE. I mean if I need to break the link, then I need to break the link. Am I missing something? If there is not something to do this already, then I think there should be a command and a context menu item perhaps named “Hard-Break Link” or something along those lines, that would completely unlink from the file it was linked to, perhaps with a confirmation. If file1 has no other links to file2, then my wish to sever the link should be honored and a command, and a menu option should be provided to do so, IMHO. ESPECIALLY on my local vault. Please, if I am missing something, please tell me. If I’m wrong, I’ll say I’m wrong…It just seems like for all the efficiency gained, this just slows the process down and can get someone out of their groove really fast.

Take me for example…I was in the middle of making notes, and after not finding the option in the program anywhere, came to the forum, searched unsuccessfully, then had to make a forum account and then type this entire post. However, if the command, or the option would have existed, and/or it was easily accessible I wouldn’t have wasted 45 minutes, and you wouldn’t have wasted any of your minutes reading my post! Hahahah. Please dont take this paragraph the wrong way…its meant to be funny, not condescending in any way shape or form…The solution has probably been staring me in the face the whole time. Looking forward to some guidance on this. Thanks in advance !!!

Hannah