Two issues with Dataview

Things I have tried

I have searched the forum and in Dataview’s documentation

What I’m trying to do

First issue:
I’m trying to make a table with Dataview where I wan’t one of the rows (Type) to only include the first two it finds. So is there a way to exclude or only include the first two findings?

Second issue:
I try to make a table that list from #MOC🗺 but it only produces this error:

-- PARSING FAILED --------------------------------------------------

> 1 | LIST FROM #MOC🗺 
    |               ^
  2 | 

Expected one of the following: 

'and' or 'or', /FLATTEN/i, /FROM/i, /GROUP BY/i, /LIMIT/i, /SORT/i, /WHERE/i, EOF```
  1. About the first question, you can use the expression LIMIT x:
```dataview
LIST
FROM #MOC
LIMIT 2
```
  1. About the error, did you try remove the emoji? Maybe there is a limitation in using emojis…

Thanks.
Regarding the first issue, I have the following:

table Authors, Title, Type, Year, Topic
from #Source📚/Book OR #Source📚/Web OR #Source📚/Video OR #Source📚/Paper OR #Source📚/Article OR #Source📚/Chapter

And I want to limit only “type”.

1. I think I read somewhere about there being a problem with emojis, but as you can see I don’t have that problem with the other table. And if I remove the emoji then I doesn’t find it (I could of course remove the emoji from the tag)

Ok, I see now, a limit applied to the field/data, not to the pages. Maybe with dataviewjs. But that is beyond my knowledge.
About the emoji, I tried this emoji in particular and it seems there is some incompatibility with that one. Try change it to other.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.