Translucency missing in Obsidian 1.0

Steps to reproduce

Enable ‘Appearance’ › ‘Translucent window’.

Expected result

I expect translucency to be visible behind my notes, like it was before the redesign.

Actual result

There is an opaque color behind my notes, as if ‘Translucent window’ is off.

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10

Additional information

Before Obsidian 1.0, I had a beautiful interface going with the translucency. I used Wallpaper Engine to have particle effects follow my cursor, pulsing in synchronization with the music I listen to while writing. I really loved how immersed I got into the writing and being in my flow with the music and the visuals. I would like to still be able to enjoy that, as it’s a defining quality of my enjoyment of Obsidian.

Temporary workaround

Here is a CSS snippet to add to help with transparency of the note body, at least, for now, in lieu of the setting working as it did before.

Thanks for reading :pray: :sparkles:

1 Like

I am not at a computer to test the translucency, but I love the idea of particle effects interacting with music and cursor movements showing through to the work that is being done within Obsidian. I would be interested in hearing more about this. Thanks!

1 Like

This is not a bug. This is an intentional change.
Translucency is only behind some UI elements and not notes.
You can use CSS to change how it looks as you wish.

1 Like

I’m happy to share about the setup I love. I use a customization of the Colorful Fluid Animation option available in Wallpaper Engine. When Obsidian is translucent over the desktop, it feels like Obsidian is glowing and changing to the music as I type!

1 Like

Hi WhiteNoise, I appreciate your clarification.

Can we make it a feature request then?

It takes more effort to enable translucency as Obsidian had it before, and I still don’t have the full CSS to do so. Some things are still opaque, such as behind quotes, backlinks in the backlinks listing, code blocks…

A feature was removed that I miss. Can you help me label this request properly? Thank you :pray: