Transclusion Extra Line Breaks After Text

What I’m trying to do

I have created a file that uses transclusions from multiple files to create a compilation of various ideas that I’m working on. The issue is that it seems transclusion sometimes includes a line break after the material transcluded (even if a line break doesn’t exist in the original file). It creates inconsistent spacing.

Things I have tried

I’ve tried removing all text except the paragraph to be transcluded (which sometimes still adds an extra line break). I’ve tried switching themes from Minimal to Default, but the extra line breaks persist across themes.

Not seeing this. Have you tried deactivating any active CSS snippets?

I currently don’t have any snippets activated. I’ve attached a screenshot with the text pixelated. You can see the first and last paragraphs have double space after while the others have single. I can’t see any difference in the formatting of the transclusions

After experimenting a little bit more, it seems that transclusion is including comments (%%) as an extra line break. For example, I will sometimes brainstorm different ideas in a note, and the “winning” text will sit at the top of the note with all of the “losing” text hidden behind %% at the bottom of the page. This helps maintain a record of the thought process.

However, with transclusion, it seems to include the %% block as an extra line break at the bottom of the actual text. Is there a way to prevent transclusion from doing this without deleting the comment block?

You could (possibly) use CSS to target that block if you can see it in source view, so I’d go looking in the source view of you can detect the offending block.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at a note that has a %% comment, but nothing changed when I switched it to source mode.

I see now my response could be misunderstood, as I meant the source html view of the rendered page. You can find this in a pane Elements within the Developer Options.

With a little bit of luck you’ll see a clear block structure used to represent the content which can be addressed from CSS to be hidden.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.