Toggle to stop tags from being filtered out in Graph View

UPDATE - No longer a bug report.

I get it. Tag names are also subject to filtering and I understand that it may be useful in some cases. However, I’d prefer otherwise for my use. Maybe add a toggle?

Anyway, I’ll move this to Feature Requests.

Steps to reproduce

1. In a vault with tags, open graph view without any filtering. Tags show up among the nodes.
  2. Now enter some text in the filter search box (something that you know includes tagged files)

Expected result

Relevant tags should show up among the nodes.

Actual result

No tags are shown.

Environment

• Operating system: macOS 10.15.5
  • Obsidian version: 0.9.2
4 Likes

Came to the forum to file the same “bug”. In the global graph I generally (always) filter out the daily page and morning pages folders (filter query is path:-“Daily” path:-“Morning Pages”) but this removes all the tags, removing a lot of the value of the graph. I’ve gone back to not having a filter at all and just putting up with the extra noise in the graph.

Also want to say that unlike @macedotavares I don’t get it? How does my filter query exclude the tags (especially with the “show tags” toggle active? It’s not like those tags are living in those folders…

+1
I also want unexisting file not being filtered out :
https://forum.obsidian.md/t/graph-view-make-the-search-filter-not-filtering-out-unexisting-file-if-existing-files-only-is-off/6631