Toggle Bold/Italic including extra spaces after 1.4.5

Hey, thanks for addressing the issue. I’m not sure the latest update was supposed to introduce a final fix for the issue, but I’d like to point out what it’s the current behaviour for me (1.4.12, macOS).

Toggling bold/italic now places the asterisks in the correct place, ignoring extra spaces immediately before or after the selected word/words. However, it’s still different from the old behavior (and the behaviour here in the forum editor), in that it doesn’t change/correct the selection itself (i.e. before, the asterisks would be placed and the current selection would be changed to the exact words within the asterisks; now, the selection is not entirely updated, will keep extra spaces selected and, additionally, inconsistently keeps some asterisks within the selected text and some out of the selected text).

This is specially problematic because, when you want to untoggle or change the formatting with a toggle command (when you previously had extra spaces within the selection), it messes up the asterisks, as it keeps one or more asterisks and extra spaces in the text.

This effectively prevents undoing the toggle entirely (i.e. removing all asterisks) and, thus, causes other issues when you do multiple consecutive toggle commands (e.g. untoggling bold and immediately after toggling italic, or toggling one and then the other), as you end up with unwanted and inconsistent formatting.
[I believe this is a result of not updating/correcting the selection when toggling formatting.]

Thank you!!

1 Like