Themes and CSS Question

I’ve looked at quite a few of the community themes and while some are an improvement on the standard theme, I’ve not seen a single one that has what I would personally call a polished UI. On the other hand I’ve seen people who are using custom CSS post some screenshots of some highly polished UI’s.

Is there something about Obsidian that stops theme developers from being able to implement the types of changes I’ve seen people achieving with custom CSS?

I realize that what is “polished” is subjective, but even if people disagree with my opinion, the question above still remains :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I think there are quite a few well put-together themes you can choose from. :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a look at Build a theme - Developer Documentation if you’re interested.

Themes, in my mind, are huge and complicated snippets. Other than:

• Themes may not load assets from the network. To bundle an asset, see this guide.

and the other guidelines in Developer policies - Developer Documentation, I think you are more or less free to do what you’d like in making a theme. Of course, if you’re not submitting a theme for review, you can do whatever you’d like.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.