Theme: obsidian_ia / Another iA Writer inspired theme

This indeed look not normal, the font color is too light and formatting isn’t shown in red. Maybe refetch the latest theme?

I never tested the theme on windows before because I’m not currently using it. If the issues stays even after refetching the theme I’ll look into it deeper.

Hey @rcvd

The background color for inline code in Edit mode is #f7f7f7 instead of #edeeee like iA Writer. Preview mode looks correct at #f0f0f0.

iA Writer

Obsidian Edit Mode

Bug: when list have no spacing, it renders ok:

1 1a

But when add spacing anywhere in list, the entire list starts to have spacing issues:

2 2a

1 Like

Can’t confirm this looking at my iA. The backgrounds in iA are not solid, instead they have a fine noise applied…maybe you catched an extreme pixel?

Nice catch, fixed in the latest commit.

I think the fix broke spacing between lists if they have no space in the beginning:

1 1a

Please check again, I think I really fixed it now.

I had this problem with the folding items also for a few times…but can’t really debug it and find its source :frowning:

Works great. Thanks!

1 Like

This theme is fantastic. Nice job, and thank you!

1 Like

Hello, I’m once again asking for your support with spacing. The spacing when having texts before and after list is off. First one is editing. Second one is previewing.

This is how it looks in iA Writer (Edit left, Preview right). Do you want the spacing between the first list and the next paragraph bigger or between the paragraph and the second list?

Interesting, the spacing on mine between “tips” and first list is smaller. May be it’s a bug I have.

Please refresh the theme, I’ve committed a fix.

1 Like

Oh I see what you mean. You were asking me which one do I prefer. I think perhaps doing it how iA Writer would be better in general as it’s closer to the source.

Hello - I really like this theme. But I have a wide screen monitor and this results in a lot of wasted white space. I tried looking to see if there is a width parameter that I could update, but I am not a CSS expert at all.

Can the author or someone else tell me how I can increase the width of the text. This is the case both in the edit and the preview mode. Hopefully the attached screenshots explain better what I am trying to ask.

@vikas.mishra There a setting to control the line width in settings/editor/readable line length

or here is the code to target the “readable” width

.markdown-source-view.is-readable-line-width .CodeMirror {
  max-width: 700px;
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
}

and

.markdown-preview-view.is-readable-line-width .markdown-preview-section {
  max-width: 700px;
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
}

@rcvd I’m noticing a shift when hovering over options in the sorting menus. Can you repro?

Thanks for jumping in.

“A line has the correct length if the reading flow is not interrupted too often and if the eye finds the next line without irritation when changing over.”

• Otl Aicher in Typography, p. 149

Rules of thumb

• Both too long and too short lines have a deterrent effect
  • The narrower the font, the shorter the line
  • The longer the lines, the greater the line spacing
  • No justification for short lines

Standard values:

• 50-70 characters for single-column text in 8-11 pt font size,
  • 40-50 characters for multi-column text

Confirmed and pushed a fix.

1 Like