Theme: Obsdn-Dark-Rmx (now with Light & Dark) - updated 2020-09-11

@y.h: I love this theme too. Thanks for providing the quotation snippet.

Thanks for trying the theme and for the snippets !
I might add the quotation mod in the next release… usually I 'd rather not embed extra snippets thought
I think it’s easy enough to manually add them (see Getting comfortable with Obsidian CSS or Mixing and Matching CSS Snippets with SASS) and it’s less time consuming for me (I don’t have to check for snippets updates myself and in case they are updated, I don’t have to release a new version of the theme… :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

This is the best theme I have found here. Thank you!

I especially like the bigger popup preview. One small issue I have with it is that the text in the popup note is not very sharp and missing some contrast (especially in light mode).

Am I the only one having this issue?
I am not that familiar with CSS but maybe I could tweak that myself somehow?

Hi Kevzen, thanks for reporting the issue. It’s right on time as I was updating the theme :slight_smile:
I’ve tried to add small tweaks to the popover in hope to make the text more readable, but it will never be as crisp as the normal fonts, since it’s a scaled down zoom effect. the easiest way to fix, is to make the zoom a bit bigger and to add a thiny outline/stroke on the text.

1 Like

new update v20200826(compatible with Obsidian 0.8.8)

changelog

• new feature: file explorer column view (disable it by removing lines [870-874])
  • new feature: added faint margin lines to delimit the writing space in the Edit view
  • fix : adjusted the footnotes to get consistent line heights
  • new: the default Editing font is now monospaced (install Fira Code to match the demo) - you can comment out lines [9-12] to revert the modification
  • popover preview : changed zoom x0.8 > x0.85 and added a thin stroke on the text to improve readability
  • popover preview : removed the bottom gradient
  • preview mode : text is now justified except in code blocks
  • styled the quote blocks as alert boxes, academic block quotes should be inserted using <blockquote style="rq">...</blockquote>
  • added class “rq” for academic quote blocks with quotes
  • reduce the max-width of embedded media (search for /* reduce size of embedded files */ to remove it), all images will be smaller
  • modified the bullets (disc then circles for all sub lists, no squares)
  • modified some borders and alignements for v0.8.8
  • cleaned up some errors in the mermaid section

demos :

file explorer pane column mode (experimental and somewhat buggy but I find it useful)
0CIL0rNMIA
the file list may jump/flicker when scrolling, resize the pane to fix the issue. you can disable the modification by removing/commenting out lines 870-874

new quote blocks

new default edit view with monospace font & margins

tweaked the popover preview (changed scale + added a thin stroke to improve readability)

6 Likes

Nice !

This is awesome, by far my favorite theme. Will it automatically update if iv’e added it through the Obsidian interface, or do I need to go to GitHub to get the latest?

Many thanks, great work!

You’ll need to add it through community themes again (click on “Use”). Should be easier than manually doing it via GitHub. There’s a search bar in community theme interface.

1 Like

Thanks

Awesome! Really great work. The popover looks super nice now!

Love the theme! For those using SASS to update the theme with other snippets, there is an extra */ on line 596 that needs to be removed prior to running the update command:

Edit: Fixed if you pull latest build (thanks!)

border-top: 1px solid var(--background-modifier-border);*/
2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

I’m having a bug with the pop-up : it’s not positioned correctly.
I’m using Andy mode, but with the previous theme’s version, it worked perfectly.

edit: it’s also possible that I hadn’t noticed this bug before

thanks for the feedbacks ! I’m glad it’s of use for someone besides of me.

@aja2488 nice catch ! thank you, I’ve updated the repo.

@y.h yup, I can reproduce it, it seems there is an offset of the popover preview depending on the x position of the document… unfortunately, it seems to be coming from the Andy mod (same behavior with other themes I’ve tried). Maybe you could drop a note to @death.au ?

Yeah, that’s a bug with Andy’s Mode. It’s been reported here previously: https://forum.obsidian.md/t/andy-matuschak-mode-v2-7-updated-for-0-7-new-panes/170/3?u=death.au And unfortunately not something I’ve been able to fix with CSS.

1 Like

new update v20200910 : works with obsidian 0.8.14

• fix for bug with mermaid styling, thanks for Dubinin Dmitry (fixed unwanted scrollbars when using mermaid)
  • slightly smaller view-header-titles
  • updates for 0.8.14 : titlebar back/next with text & minimize button is more visible
  • from previous update : smaller default image size + image zoom on hover
2 Likes

I’m new here on the forum, a noob with Obsidian and have never tinkered with CSS…yet. Now that that’s out of the way, I installed this theme through community themes. When I hover over a link, there is no preview that pops up. Am I missing something?

Welcome! Have you turned on the “Page Preview” plugin under the “Core Plugins” in Settings?

Boom! That’s it! Thanks for the quick response.

Awesome. No problem!

I am having some issues with fonts and font-sizes: The file names on the ribbons are too small (10px), tag pills do not have color, some fonts look funny etc. What could be the reason for these?