Theme: Gruv Nightlife

This theme is broken since 0.7.0 and I will not update it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can find my spiritual successor to this theme here.

@MooddooM is right, @insanum’s work makes a great base to work with / fork it.

Here’s my take:

You can download the obsidian.css (12.2 KB).

A few notes:

• as you can see, the “dark theme” is my light theme, and for the night time I made an actual dark theme
  • I used iA Writer Quattro V for the UI and preview, and Fira Code for plain text (both are open source, yeah!)
  • I restricted the view width to 700px, which might not be obvious in the screenshots (does not center)
  • my main focus was initially some UI-tweaks, and the code editor
  • how cool and awesome is that we can tweak and share all this stuff!

Hope you enjoy it. If you have ideas how to tweak it further, please do let me know and I’ll try to incorporate the changes and/or push it to GIthub.

6 Likes

Am I right when I say you have to principal sets of notes, each of which is heavily linked within itself, and only a light link between the two?

2 Likes

Looks like it, doesn’t it :slight_smile:

I’m in the middle of merging my writings and drafts into my new second brain, so they’re currently only linked as such with a proper outline document. One by one, when I write or finish them, I’ll integrate them properly, so for the next two or three years there’s probably this big blob going to be there.

The small blob above of it that looks a bit like it’s starting to dissolve is exactly this happening: some finished writings that get assimilated by my second brain.

This is beautiful! The viewport makes me calm down in the night! Congrats! @BENWF

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: That’s what I tried to achieve. Glad you like it!

viewport? what’s that?

I mean the appearance of the note on the screen. It is not a feature or special term. Forgive my poor phrasing.

1 Like

Understood.

Thank you for this! Looks great!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

How would I go about downloading and implementing this theme? Super sick UI, love it. Especially image 7 and 8.

I’m afraid you can’t, I don’t support this theme in recent versions of Obsidian anymore.

You can find the successor to this theme here.