Steps to reproduce
Make a bulleted list like:
- reallylongwordreallylongwordreallylongword - [ ] reallylongwordreallylongwordreallylongword - https://reallylongurlreallylongurlreallylongurl.com - [ ] https://reallylongurlreallylongurlreallylongurl.com
And then shrink the editing and previewing windows until reallylong* wraps around.
… something consistent. personally I find
- \n reallylong... strange in all cases, I’d prefer to not have the preceding newline ever.
A long-word-preceding newline makes perfect sense when there is non-whitespace before the word, but not really when there’s “nothing” else.
- Bullets with and without checkboxes “prepend a newline” (or
<br>or whatever) to the text when editing, but only to checkboxes when previewing
- URLs do not prepend a newline when editing or previewing
- URLs with checkboxes prepend a newline only when previewing
Auto-indenting, folding, readable-width, and line numbers do not have any effect on this. And I’m using the default theme, if that matters.
- Operating system: OSX 10.15.7
- Obsidian version: v0.10.6