[Templates plugin] Previous page template variable

Things I have tried

I tried reading the Templates plugin and Templater plugin documentation but didn’t find anything useful.

What I’m trying to do

I’m taking notes from the books I read. Each time I write a new note I open my book MoC, write [[Super cool idea]] → Cmd + Click [[Super cool idea]] → Insert my book note template → Fill the template.

Everything works smoothly except for one thing. I want my note to contain the reference to the books where I find this idea. So I have to mention my current book in it each time.

I want my template to populate automatically. I don’t think it is complicated, because there is a very direct reference to the book: the last page that was open is the book MoC (at least in my current workflow). So the question is: is there any easy way to populate the reference to the previous page automatically in the new template?

It should be stored somewhere because I can click the Back/Next buttons in the UI, but I’m not sure if I can get it through the API.

In case you don’t get any other replies, try asking in the Discord server in the #plugins-advanced channel or in a discussion on the templater plugin repository.

I’m not very knowledgeable on this unfortunately but you might want to look into these two comments and maybe leave a comment following up on it:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.