Templater Error: Invalid reference date format, try specifying one with the argument ‘reference_format’

Hello,
I am trying to build a template for a daily note and I get the following error:

Templater Error: Invalid reference date format, try specifying one with the argument ‘reference_format’.

Here is the template:

Tasks

To do:

not done
due <%+ tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD", tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD") %>

New today:

Done

done on <%+ tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD",tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD")%>

The file name is in the format YYY-MM-DD

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I’m not an ordinary user of Templater. Casually I use it for simple things. But I have two observations:

1. Consulting the documentation, I think the used function tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD", tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD") requires the offset argument, i.e. something like tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD", 0, tp.file.title, "YYYY-MM-DD") > Syntax | Templater

2. If you want this queries (tasks plugin) in your daily notes, why you use the dynamic command <%+ ... %> instead of <% ... %>?

Thank you, I tried the first one but couldn’t make it work either… At the end I gave up and built it with the Template core plugin.

For the second question, I was experimenting with the dynamic command to see if it made a difference (it didn’t) and forgot to remove it before I posted the query.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.