Template that automatically backlinks/writes something if i input a link to a note in a certain folder

I mainly use obsidian as a log, in which the diary folder is central, and the daily notes inside acts as a hub. I have another folder with “guides”, which are diverse procedures i log and advance, keeping track of my progress and things i need to fix

What I’m trying to do

Say, today october 25th is lawnmowing day:

i normally would go to diary/october 25th, and under “tasks:” i would write “- advanced [[gardening]]”

then i would go to guides/gardening, and at the end i would link [[october 25th]], and under the link i would write “today i lawn mowed blahblah”

instead

i would like to go directly to guides/gardening, just link [[october 25th]] and start logging my activity, while obsidian automatically picks up that im linking a note from the diary folder (october 25th), in a note inside the guides folder (gardening), so it writes in october 25th (the linked note) under the tasks section: “Advanced [[gardening]]” (the note which the link comes from)

i know the templater plugin detects in which folder you’re creating a note and assigns a template, so maybe using that engine this could be achieved

im quite noob so i apologize if theres a known way to do this, i’ve searched phrasing it in quite a few manners but either there isn’t a post (maybe because its too straightforward to do) or i just don’t have the knowledge to use the right words in my search.

How about just tagging the task with a completion date, and then let your daily notes show all completed tasks from this particular date?

You would then go to the gardening page and write:

- [x] Moved the lawn. Again. [completion:: 2023-10-25]

Or if you don’t want to see the field name:

- [x] (completion:: 2023-10-25) Moved the lawn. Yet again.

And in the diary note, given it’s named 2021-10-25, there is a section like:

## Accomplished tasks
```dataview
TASK 
WHERE completion = file.date
```

PS! This last section you would of course insert into your daily template, so you don’t ever have to think about it again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.