Tasks Plugin Button

Things I have tried

I tried to add

name Add Task
type note(New Task) template
action Tasks: Create or edit task
class dataview-button

to my page but it says "Couldn’t find the specified template (because I copied this, I don’t know how these things work)

What I’m trying to do

I want to create a button than executes the Tasks: Create or edit task command from the Tasks plugin. What do I do?

To start you need to read each plugin documentation.
I don’t know how buttons plugin works, but I imagine that you need to define a template or similar.
If not (a template), why type note(New Task) template? If you want a command maybe you need to write type command… I don’t know.
You can’t copy something from anywhere without understand how it works in that specific context. Imagine that it works together another plugin?
Btw class dataview-button isn’t directly related with dataview… I guess class is a CSS style thing, i.e. a defined class to style the button in some css snippet…

The problem is that you are telling the button to use a Template and carry out an action. I don’t think it will do both. I think the Template line is firing and that means that you don’t get the Tasks action.

I think you need to remove the line “type note(New Task) template”. That will allow the Tasks action to fire.

Check the Buttons documentation, as there are plenty of examples.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.